Feb 11, 2013

February 2013 Ipsy Glam Bag

I always look forward to my Ipsy Glam Bag arrival and this month is no different.  However, I am just a little less excited about the bag's content.
This month's bag theme is "Red Carpet Ready" and contained...
  • Coastal Scents Shadow palette (sample)
    • In the Spotlight - Dark Goldenrod, Sunbeam, Golden Globe and Dark Golden Olive
  • Pixi Flawless & Poreless (sample)
    • Face primer (oil free & hypoallergenic)
  • POP Smokey Lash Kapow Mascara (sample)
  • MicaBeauty Gel Eyeliner
  • Lash Card The Lash Card
Obviously I have only had the product for one day so my review and opinion is based on that for now. 
We have seen Coastal Scents eye shadow before in October 2012 but this palette has a gold base to all the color.  As it is fashion week, I am taking color directions from there and so far I have not seen a lot of gold.  For example, Jason Wu's show focused on using "indigo blue."  For spring, the makeup collection has focused on pastel colors such as, pink and blue.  However, I am not excited for this palette of gold eye shadows.  Plus Coastal Scents is great for beginners (from what I have read) but not great for long wear.

The Pixi flawless & poreless is an translucent primer that is oil free and hypoallergenic.  It says pore minimizing.  However, I found the texture to be more runny than I like.  As I wore it through the day it ended up actually making my face look rather greasy/oily.  For the price of a full product (found at Target), I am not impressed.  Of course, I have a bias toward BB Cream.

Pop Smokey Kapow Mascara is water proof, smudge proof and hypoallergenic.  Personally I do not see anything different between this mascara and many of the other ones I already use.  However, I have been told that this mascara is great if you live in a humid area or have issue with smudging mascara.  

Mica Beauty gel eyeliner <have not used yet>

Lash Card is no more helpful than the business card trick that is commonly suggested.  The cards have a large curve and small curve end to help in fitting with the curve of your eye.  However these cards did not fit my eyes very well.  Nor did they fit my friend's eye.  Since I can make the business card trick work, I do not expect I would purchase this product on my own.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting... stay curious.