Feb 9, 2013

Michelle Phan's Nail Heart... Adjusted

Happy almost V-day.  I just really like this holiday and after seeing Michelle Phan's nail heart video, I became more excited.  However, I ended up like some of the commentators for the video with my base coat would peel when I pulled the bandaid off.  I even made myself wait over 10 minutes to ensure properly dried nails.  After three frustrating tries, I resorted to this easier method.  I used my Orly Top 2 Bottom for a base coat and then used the band-aid trick to ensure a proper heart shape.  After peeling off the band-aid, I put on the top coat (at least for my right hand).
One suggestion that was very helpful: stick the band-aid on your skin a few times or else it can be too sticky.  You might want more than one heart due to different nail bed sizes.

Below is the finished product.  I tried to be more creative with my left hand which resulted in (my opinion) a bit of a mess.  Sometimes less is more.

Right thumb
Right hand
Left thumb
Left hand

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting... stay curious.