Nov 3, 2013

P90X - Week 3 (Thoughts and comparison to Insanity)

Week 3 done!  Complete!  Finito!  It would feel like much more of an accomplishment if my brain wasn't constantly thinking I'm almost half-way complete.  Stupid Insanity time frame is still dominating my brain.  So this week I pushed myself in retaliation.  Every workout, I tried one weight higher than last week.  Though I was not able to do that consistently, because in the end my muscles were not ready.

Now the 3rd week, I saw results.  My arms had muscles flexing as I worked out.  My buttocks looks better!  I can actually see the outlines of my muscles on my leg even when I am not working out.  Just walking around, I can see it.  (And yes I have checked myself out at work as I walk.  Blame all the mirrors available at work).  Right now, my back is feeling sore.  My legs are fine though, which is kind of disappointing.  I wanted to feel the burn!  Yup definitely can see myself become a fitness junkie until Sunday rolls around.  According to C's Jawbone Up, we haven't even taken 1K steps.  Sunday Football (Funday), is really just Sunday Lazy-Day.
Comparison to Insanity: Unlike my third week of Insanity where on the scale I noticed no difference.  I am seeing it with P90X.  Now my weight is still about the same.  However my body fat % has dropped dramatically.  Since it is a body fat measurement from a scale, I trust it with a grain of salt.  I doubt that I dropped from around 23% to 19% in just 3 weeks, because I am not seeing that around my waist.  However, I do believe the directional change.  In addition its stayed under 20% for almost a week now.  So its not a one time glitch.  Verdict - I am liking my P90X results more than Insanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting... stay curious.