Dec 23, 2012

Looks like we made it... Survived FFAD (Fantasy Football Affective Depression)

I am proud to introduce my boyfriend, the CHAMPION!  Yes, C won his 16 team fantasy football league with IDP.  For people who do not know fantasy football, it is an impressive feat.  More importantly, we survived.  If we can do it, so can you!

Today was again an especially difficult day.  We are at my parents' house, with no NFL Redzone.  So C went to watch the game at a bar, but I could not go with him.  Not only could I not go with him, but I could not watch football at all.  So my only source of his mood was checking his fantasy football scoreboard.  You would think it would have been relatively nice, because his gloom and doom conviction was not around.  I theoretically could just enjoy myself.


In reality... I spent way too much time worrying about his mood.  I did behave and did not bombard his cellphone with text inquires (he was with some boys).  However, the consistent weeks cheering with and crying for him has left me more invested than I thought.  I could tell you that Adrian Peterson was disappointing, but had no idea why.  Same with Schaub... what was up with that Minnesota & Houston game?

Well I just wanted to report that we survived.  Still happy and in love.  Maybe the methods worked.