Oct 19, 2013

P90X - Week 1 (Thoughts and comparison to Insanity)

We finished our first week of P90X in a hotel room.  Now that is dedication!  The Kenpo X was intense and I have never had such difficulty kicking.  C and I have done Kenpo X before, by itself, and the workout was not anywhere near as difficult!  So for those of you doing P90X as a supplement to your normal workout, I suggest you do it as part of the full workout.

So my thought: "OUCH.  I am so sore."  My first two days was filled with waddling at work to get up the stairs.  It was amazing to be so sore, because I felt that I achieved a great accomplishment.  Not just because I got up early to fit in the workout before work.  While I felt Insanity was difficult, the soreness was not as present.  The actual presence of weights and band made it harder, not to push myself in P90X.  While with Insanity I could get away with taking it easy, even when my body could be pushed.

"It takes so long!" P90X is not just a 90 day commitment, compared to the 63 days of Insanity.  The workouts are also longer.  The first half of Insanity workouts consist of around 30 minutes, but P90X workouts require at least an hour commitment.  For Yoga X, the workout takes 1.5 hours.  So if you are doing this before work, then make sure that this is a commitment you can make.

I am very excited to start this and to share the experience with you.

So far the weight loss has been only two pounds, but we have also been better about cooking all our meals.  I do not know if all my weight loss can be attributed to P90X.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting... stay curious.