Sep 21, 2012

Review: Cherry Blossom Ginseng Shampoo & Conditioner by Organix


Organix Cherry Blossom Ginseng Shampoo & Conditioner (1.5/10)

I had high hopes for the Organix Cherry Blossom Ginseng shampoo & conditioner.  However, these products became the first shampoo and conditioner I threw out before even using half the bottle.

First, I had use the Brazilian Keratin Treatment duo and loved it.  So I probably had above average expectation of this Organix product.  I had chosen Cherry Blossom Ginseng, because my hair was in desperate need of volume and strength (otherwise known as a rejuvenation).  After all the mess I have put it through, it deserved my hitting the refresh button.  Plus this duo had a scent that was so difficult to pass.

First the shampoo: it left my hair a tangled mess!  So I tried to use the my standard lightly-larger-than-a-nickel size of shampoo and found it was just not enough.  So I piled a little more on.  After all, I was repairing my hair so maybe it needed more product.  The product did not lather up easily despite the large quantity I was putting in.  As a result of the excess lathering motion, my hair was left  tangled.  But it's okay because that is what conditioners are for!

That is if you can get any conditioner.  It was extremely difficult to get conditioner out of the bottle.  And since I could not leave it upside-down to allow the solution to accumulate, I was left with often having to remove the lid.  Totally unlike the Keratin treatment which was easy to squeeze out.  Maybe I had a defect bottle?  Now that I had the conditioner, I was expecting de-tangle-galore!  No such result.
The conditioner was not  not leaving my soft and tangle free.  Instead I was often stepping out of the shower with my hair tangled and thin.  My hair felt like it had less volume (unless tangled mess counted as volume).  The Organix cherry blossom ginseng conditioner did not even fulfill the basic duty of a conditioner!  So as can be expected at this point, my hair was not being "rejuvenated."  But I went on for another two weeks just to see if maybe the results will improve.  What I saw was more hair left on the brush than before I started using the product.  Though it was not shockingly to the degree of worried I'll go bald soon, I was done.  There was no way I was putting product in my hair that left it tangled and vulnerable.  Next product please?