Nov 7, 2013

Recipes I've Tried and Must Share

For C's defense, I made the following "Pumpkin Pie Streusel Bars" from Bakers Royale.  One of my coworker had brought this and I stole a piece for C.  After tasting it, he quickly abandoned the Reese's Peanut Butter Blondie and replaced his defense snack with these.  They were delicious (rating: 9.5/10)!

Notes
- We do not, currently, have a pastry blender so I hand blended it with sporadic handheld blender.  This took awhile and I worry that the cold butter had softened too much.
- For the recipe, I made the following interpretations: 1 1/2 cup of quick cooking oats (which looks like 11/2 cup) and 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- Very oat taste to my finished product, but I did not get the same result from the one my coworker's wife made.  So maybe it is the Quaker's quick cook oats that I used.
- Bought my pecan chopped and did not chop it more finely myself.  No effect on cooking or taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting... stay curious.