Jan 21, 2013

Review: I Need You, Royal Jelly! Mask Sheet by Etude House

Important Note: If you are allergic to bees, DO NOT use this product!

Rating: 5.6/10

After hearing such wonderful things about royal jelly, I was excited to try this mask sheet from Etude House. After my first application, my skin feels super hydrated, rather smooth and tight.  However, my second application left my skin peeling the next day.  I know I am not allergic to bees, but my skin around my eyes and lips started to peel.

The mask felt very cool and I could feel the product working on hydrating my skin.  Unlike some masks that I have tried before, this did not have even the slightest sting to it.  The product fits well on my face (see picture below), there was no difficulty in getting it to fully cover my face.  I could keep my eyes open, so my first time I enjoyed a show while wearing it.  I plan to use this once every week.

So what is royal honey jelly...
Royal honey jelly is the honey that is secreted by honey bee that is used for the larvae that will become the queen bee.  It consists of mostly water (60%-70%), protein (12%-15%) and sugar (10%-16%).  Like any honey, it has the ability to fight bacteria and inflammation.  It is very useful in moisturizing the skin as well.  That is why you will commonly find home made masks that say to add honey.  Royal jelly contains multiple Vitamin B and contributes to collagen production and promotion.  Not only does the product hydrate, but it also gives you a more youthful skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting... stay curious.