Feb 26, 2013

Insanity Day 02: Plyometric Cardio Circuit

My Weight: 133lb (-1lb, but probably more due to daily variation than Insanity)
C's Weight: 215.6lbs (-2.4lbs)

Workout:
Mine: Woke up with my sides sore, probably due to the low plank oblique.
     The workout was definitely tough.  My knees hurt by the time I was doing the in-and-out.  I could barely make it through the high intensity basketball drill.  At almost every the intensity level, I paused before the water break because my thighs were burning or my knees hurt.  After completing, I just wanted to crawl into bed and sleep, but C made me fold the laundry.  For the rest of the day, I was probably very moody to C (which he's confirmed).  Another sign of our exhaustion.

C's: Woke up feeling good, no soreness.
     The workout was definitely tough, I have partially done Insanity before and go to the gym almost every day (30+ min on elliptical or treadmill at least).  It is very noticeable that I have areas to improve, especially based upon how sore my legs feel right now.  I was so tired that I was ready to go to bed at 7:00PM.  But Camily made me stay up until now (10PM), mean.

Meals:
-Post-workout Muscle Milk Fruits and Banana Smoothie
     Muscle Milk has more fat and calories than most protein powder, so we use it only when our smoothie is a meal replacement.  It is unique because it contains colostrom which is a hormone found in breast milk.
     Beyond the technical information, the vanilla flavor made the smoothie taste delicious!
-Afternoon was filled with a trip to the movies, so C and I split a Pretzel with cheese dip
-Dinner was a Panko flaked cod with Green Giant Steamed Potatoes and Spinach salad with tortellini pasta and grape tomatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting... stay curious.