Sep 16, 2013

September 2013: Ipsy Bag and (vs.) Birchbox

WINNER!!!!
September 12: Ipsy Bag arrived (Tracking email received September 8)
September 16: Birchbox arrived (Tracking email received September 7)

Winner: Birchbox

The best thing about my Ipsy bag is the bag.  It's such a beautiful blue and black.  That's about it.  I got mascara last month.  NYX eyeshadow in June.  Plus more black eyeliner than I know what to do with.  So this month's ipsy had nothing I am excited about.  Plus more and more product just feels like items I can pick up at Target.  Nothing against drugstore products but I am looking for some higher end touches.  This is quite disappointing.

For the 3 year anniversary box, the Birchbox is a reminder of its purpose (for me).  To be introduced to new products and expand my skin care and beauty collection.  This box just had many products that I have never heard of before.  Though my constant complaint about too small sample size is still true.  Look at the Egyptian Magic All Purpose Skin Cream or Grand Central Beauty S.M.A.R.T. Skin Perfecting Polisher.  But at least I am introduced to truly new products, so very exciting

Comparison of similar products: Ojon Restorative Lash Treatment and Mascara Duo vs. Elizabeth Mott It's So Big Volumizing Mascara: Duo purpose, especially lash treatment is just great!  Plus look at the size of that Ojon Duo!

Now the products in the box & bag...
Birchbox (exciting)
Benefit Sugarbomb Ultra Plush Lip Gloss: who doesn't enjoy a lip gloss that doesn't stick?  No more wind blown hair stuck to my lip because of my lip gloss.
Grand Central Beauty S.M.A.R.T. Skin Perfecting Polisher: What more could a bride-to-be ask for than better skin?  This will be awesome for my China trip too.
Ojon Restorative Lash Treatment and Mascara Duo: Like the idea of Duo, but will update once I wear it tomorrow.
Ruffian Nail Laquer (Fox Hunt): Exclusive preview is awesome.  The color is awesome.  Will be wearing it if Cincinnati wins tonight!
Egyptian Magic All-Purpose Skin Cream: Sadly just enough for trying out in one purpose.  Maybe I should hold out until I have burns or bruises to see how well it works.

Ipsy Bag (disappointing)
Elizabeth Mott It's So Big Volumizing Mascara: After the disappointing Pixi mascara, I am apprehensive about another sample mascara.
NYX Single Eyeshadow (Sparkle White): I think I now have 4 different white-shade eyeshadow in various sizes from Ipsy.  Now I like NYX, but do not know if I need another one.
Starlooks Obsidian Kohl Eye Pencil: After having bought the em waterliner, I do not really want another black eyeshadow.  (Have 3 of those)
Full Repair Full Body Shampoo & Conditioner: I'll take it with me for travel as carryon.  That's all I can think to say about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting... stay curious.