Sep 5, 2013

Review: Aroma Water Kettle

A must have in our house is the Aroma Water Kettle (our model pictured to the right).  My parents have one in their house.  I have had one since entering graduate school.  When C and I moved in together, we kept this one and even bought one for his aunt.  We plan to keep spreading the joy of the Aroma water kettle.  So if you add the years together, we've had this one for over three years.  It still works perfectly, though the appearance is not as shiny.

Rating: 9/10 for appearance; 10/10 for function; 10/10 for durability

Appearance: The design is small enough to fit into our current kitchen with minimal counter space.  The stainless steel worked in even my previous apartment that had no stainless steel appliances.  We (myself, parents & C's aunt) have had no issue with the cord reaching an outlet.  Plus the kettle itself is actually cordless, so it makes pouring easy.  After three years, the top of ours has water stains on it.  This is slightly harder to clean but is my fault.  I am not good at proactively wiping my kettle.
Function: While the function is not exclusive to the Aroma brand, the electric water kettle is a great replacement of the tea kettle.  I imagine it is especially beneficial if you have a baby.  No whistle.  However, I usually still hear the click of the power tab.  You can fill the kettle through the sprout and lid opening.  I usually use the sprout and water spills everywhere, but that does not affect the function or durability.  The water usually boils in a couple minutes.  Plus the kettle will keep the water warm for longer than a whistle tea kettle.  Since it is cordless, I can carry it to another room and refill my drinks (usually tea).

Durability: Like I said, ours is over 3 years old and no problem.  My parents had theirs for over 4 years before choosing to replace it because they wanted the new design.  I believe the kettle still functioned.  While I am not harsh on my appliances and utilities, I am not always gentle and careful.  So the fact it has lasted speaks loudly to its durability.
Now I do not expect the kettle to stop working, but I love the red color.  So might just get that anyways if I can justify the cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting... stay curious.