Aug 4, 2013

Why I went to my graduation commencement...

I knew I was going to be bored and my cellphone wouldn't make it. So why did I go to my Master's graduation commencement?  I have been through it before in undergraduate.
No one made me, not C or my parents. Let's get that excuse out of the way.

It was for myself.  This chapter of my life took 2 years and 7 months, which is a very long time.  It was not always enjoyable, more often I was mentally exhausted.  I was so happy to be done with school in the end.  I even started working before today.  So this academic chapter of my life should have closed.  However, I did not feel like a Master's gradate until today.  Even though my name was not called, I did get to walk onto the stage and at that moment it truly registered for me.  I am hold a Master's Degree!  It made me feel SO much smarter.

Honestly, I do not regret the 2 hours I spent sitting there.  It was great hearing my friends who had gotten their PhD's.  Though in the end, I did sneak out a little early because my family had commitments.  I am glad I walked!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting... stay curious.