Aug 5, 2013

Review: Revlon Lash Potion Volume + Length Mascara

Revlon.com Website
I have lashes that barely shows and am always looking at C's lashes and feeling jealous.  He has such enviable lashes.  The Revlon Lash Potion launch came with a lot of publicity, which I bought into.  As soon as I finished with my prior mascara, I picked this up.  I have used this for about a month and it leaves my lashes looking realistically nice.

Rating: 6/10 for growing, lengthening and increasing the volume of my lashes realistically

Lengthen/Volume: Realistic effect - After applying the mascara, my lashes are immediately darker and look to have more volume.  I can keep applying multiple coats to try to de-clump without ending up with too heavy a coat.  Though the clumps I do get are pretty minimal.  The lengthening leaves my lashes looking realistic rather than unrealistic lengths.  After all, I wear my glasses often and I hated when lengthening mascaras left black streaks on my glasses when I blink.  My objective with the mascara is to obtain professional, realistic daily lashes to wear to work.  This mascara accomplishes just that.

Durability/Wear: Shorter - At the end of the work day, I have always washed it off.  Compared to my previous mascara, the product does dry out quicker.  Near the end of the day, if I were to rub my eyes, then I get black flakes.  So that can be frustrating for a full day wear mascara.

Application: Tip only - The brush makes it difficult to apply from root to tip.  Instead I apply it mostly from mid-to-tip.  The effect (as mentioned above) is still very nice and professional.  The mascara dries rather quickly, so my lash does not end up looking very wet.

In the end, I am happy with the purchase and glad I tried it.  However, I think I will switch back to my old mascara.  I just wish a mascara can combine durability with no streaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting... stay curious.