Aug 10, 2013

August 2013: Ipsy Bag and (vs.) Birchbox

August 10: Birchbox arrived (Tracking email received August 7)
August 12: Ipsy Bag arrived (Tracking email received August 8)

Winner: Birchbox for its usefulness in my upcoming life events.  For beauty product, the Ipsy bag is a win!

This month Birchbox teamed up with Ann Taylor to bring us the "Finishing School" box.  The idea behind this box is finishing touch products.
Ipsy, like Birchbox, focused on school.  This month's bag is "Glamour Academy."  The product is filled with relatively similar beauty product.

Comparison of similar products: The Urban Decay lipstick is better but smaller and less everyday color than the ModelCo.  

Both had an eye product (eye cream - BB & mascara & eye shadow- Ipsy) and moisturizer (Juice Beauty - BB & Pacifica BB Cream - Ipsy).


Now the products in the box & bag...

Birchbox (because it won)
Jasmine Seven Fresh Feet Wipes: I am saving these for when we go to China next month.
Juice Beauty Oil-Free Moisturizer: Oil-free = watery texture and honestly I am not impressed yet.
ModelCo Party Proof Matte Lipstick (Disco Fever): Love the tip!  It made the application so much easier.  The pigment sticks well and I like this color.  So pink!  Guess what I am wearing tonight for bowling.
Supergoop Advanced SPF 37 Anti-Aging Eye Cream: Eye Cream with SPF?  I like this.
Show Stoppers Designer Fashion Tape: Will be saving this for my wedding.

Ipsy Bag (close)
Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick (Anarchy): leaves my lips moist but I am not feeling any plump (as claimed by the accompanying brochure.
Pixi Lash Booster Mascara (Blackest Black): sample size means minimal formula.  That's what you expect, but in my case.  I think there was just no formula.
Me with the Urban Decay Lipstick
MicaBeauty Eye Shadow (Bronze): Love... Love... Love.  The color and pigment is great!
Michael Todd Jojoba Charcoal Gentle Exfoliating Facial Scrub: like watery charcoal mask but my skin feels tighter afterwards
Pacifica Alight Multi-Mineral BB Cream: Doesn't beat my Urban Decay BB Cream (introduced to me by ipsy), but its different price points too.  For the Pacifica price point, I think it is pretty good for skin pigment matching.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting... stay curious.