May 27, 2013

Review: Body Scrub at Spa World, Centreville, VA

On our most recent trip to Spa World, C treated both of us to a body scrub after reading posts on Four Square demanding it be tried.  I honestly had no idea what to expect, but I imagined it would be the same type of body scrub I can do at home.  Boy was I wrong!  We chose the 30 minute scrub which cost us $55.  A little pricy but after experiencing it.  I feel it was worth it!

You have to soak in the hot tub (or steam sauna) for 30 minutes prior.  I was having a hard time sitting in the hot tubs for so long.  So periodically stepped out to the locker room to drink some water.  When it was time for my appointment a middle-aged Korean lady in black bra and underwear found me in the steam sauna.  She took me to the scrub area (behind a half wall next to the hot tub) and put down a warm wet towel on a plastic covered-table/bed.  She then proceeded to cover my face and torso with another towel.  Afterwards, she started pouring warm water onto me and as she progressively moved toward my head, I had flashes of water boarding.  It never reached my face.

Afterwards she started scrubbing.  Vigorously.  Firmly.  With such determination that I was convinced she saw some tough stains on me that needed to be removed.  And slowly I would feel the dead skin clumps on my body.  Taking a peek, I realized that I have never felt more filthy.  She had me start on my back, then side, then lying on my stomach, and lastly the other side.  The only words we spoke to one another is when she was telling me to turn.  In that 30 minutes, I was amazed at how dirty I have allowed myself to become.  By the time we were done, I felt like I had new skin.  It was so clean that I swear I could hear it squeak!

The only "complaint" that I had to get used to was in the vigorous cleansing of every nook and crevice of my body, she had bumped against my vagina slightly.  Though for me it was not painful, it immediately made me think of C.  Turns out, for a guy, this experience is just AWFULY AWKWARD!  Instead of an older Korean lady, you get an older Korean man in boxers.  Though these men are trained to never hold any of your privates, they do have to move it out of the way to thoroughly clean you.  So a awkward lift here and there can leave most men I know quite uncomfortable.  C rationalized it as no different than professional athletes getting a post workout massage from a male trainer.  I think that was very mature of him to recognize that some things are just not sexual.

For such a thorough scrub, my feet were rather neglected.  In the end it is probably good, because I am very ticklish, but I was surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting... stay curious.