Jan 18, 2013

Review: Medi QttO Overnight Sleep Slimming Socks by Dr Scholl's

One feature on my body that leaves me self-conscious is my leg.  I have, in my opinion, stubby legs.  So when I saw Bubz's December Favorites, I quickly ordered the Dr. Scholl's Medi QttO Overnight Sleep Slimming Sock.  I got mine through Amazon, but yesstyle.com and SASA also sell it.  I bought size M, despite falling on the border between S and M.  But, I did not want to block blood flow while I slept, so I went with the slightly larger size.  It did not affect my heel and knee's ability to match the area marked for those parts.

Though they come with the endorsement from Bubz, I did not have high expectations for these socks.  My first morning after wearing these socks, I did feel my calves were tighter.  It is hard to say if this is due to the fact that it was compressed the entire night or if there is truly less water retention and better blood flow.  However, it felt better.  I did not notice any difference in my above-the-knee almost-thigh area, but I do not believe it is suppose to.  In addition, the top of the sock kept rolling down for my right leg, but stayed above the knee.
Since I was skeptical going in, I did not measure my calf the night before.  The second night, I did and the results are as I suspected, there was no noticeable decrease in the circumference of my calf.  However after wearing it for three nights, I did lose about 1/10th of an inch.  Though it could be due to just my new year fitness plan.

Even if it does not truly slim my calves, the next morning I felt better.  The pressure as I slept was not uncomfortable.  I felt like it was kind of nice even, because I sometimes feel antsy or fidgety and this helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting... stay curious.