Dec 12, 2012

Beauty Tip: Simpler Winged Eyeliner

Evening, the latest look I've been enjoying on a day-to-day basis is the winged eyeliner.  Who doesn't like the sexy appeal of the cat-eye look?  As a student, however, I cannot be walking around as if I am ready to go to the club.  So the stronger eyeliner look, not for me.  {Not that you don't look gorgeous with it Ms. Jolie}



To simplify the winged eyeliner look, I take the slanted eyeliner brush to do just that... eyeliner.  The brush I use is the ipsy (myglam) eyeliner brush.  Using it similar to how Michelle did in her latest videoI use a soft eyeliner pencil and apply pigments onto my brush.  Then I start with the outer corners of my eye and dab the brush onto the outer corners, slanted to give me the winged appearance.  The size of this brush was the perfect size for my eyes.  Then I actually brush from the middle of my eyes out to the wing.  Same with the top.  

This is a winged look you can wear during the day if you are in a more conservative environment.


P.S. I recommend using a softer eyeliner like the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On, because I tried with some of my other eyeliners and it did not spread on my brush as easily.


If you are just looking for how to create a straight line with liquid or pencil eyeliner, you can find it here...
Adapted from March 2013's Real Simple.

  1. Dot liner between your lashes, working from the inner corner of the eye to the outer one.  {I generally end up using about 4 - 5 dots to ensure there is little room for error}
  2. Using light, feathery strokes, connect the dots.  If you need to steady your hand, rest your elbow on your mirror or a table
  3. End the line where your lashes do (Mikey Castillo), unless you want the cat-eye effect.  Then extend it straight past the end of your lash line just a tad.  Keep it lined with the path of your lower lash line for best looking cat-eye effect.