Dec 13, 2012

Review: Hot Mess Lip Gloss by Be a Bombshell...

Thank you Holiday season, because now I have so many opportunities to doll myself up.  No excuses!  One product I always love is a simple red lipstick.  Usually I use a simple red lipstick from Covergirl.  This holiday season, however, I wanted a little shine.  Before I could buy a lip gloss, one came in my ipsy.com bag with the Be a Bombshell Hot Mess lip gloss.  I was excited, until I used the product.
Be a Bombshell
Hot Mess Lip Gloss by "be a bombshell"

The actual lip gloss left me slightly disappointed.  While the color looks like a wonderful color of red in the bottle (as can be seen).  In the moment of truth, I found more things I didn't like than ones I did.  Though I will still use it again, I do not plan to gift it.  
First: I like the color.  It was the perfect red, in the bottle.  On my lips it was a little more pink.  But I did not have any base color on {I took the picture just for the blog}.  When I used it for going out with a red base color, the color was more red.
Shot of "Hot Mess" lip gloss

Second: It quickly transitioned from too sticky to not too sticky.  Right after application, it was sticky as lip glosses commonly are, but quickly feel natural-ish.  I liked that!  

Third: I did not like having to constantly re-dip the wand to get color onto it.  I had to re-dip at least 4 times just to get the first coat onto my lips.  It is not something that kills a lip-gloss for me.  But nixes it as my quick grab one.

Fourth: It is not a smudge-proof.  Which it never claimed to be so that is just a disclaimer of something I discovered.  


Fifth: I usually use Buxom lipgloss and that leaves me lips slightly more plumped. This did not do that so I am biased.


Over-all I am not saying I am done with Be a Bombshell, but I like my Buxom lip gloss a lot more.