Mar 22, 2013

Review: Be Curly Curl Enhancer & Spray by Aveda


Be Curly: Curl Enhancer Gel (4/10)
Be Curly: Curl Enhancer Spray (4.5/10)

So we know I had my hair permed at Aveda Institute.  When checking out, my stylist recommended I buy the Curl Enhancer styling cream and spray.  They were over $20 each, but I was promised it would help my perms last longer.  I asked if any styling cream and spray would work, she said it would not.

The product has wheat protein extract in it, which is suppose to expand with wet hair and contract when dry (Aveda product website).  However what the wheat protein really does is just help with retaining moisture.  Therefore it does not necessarily aid in retaining a curl.  Plus, if I had asked friends with naturally curly hair, they could have told me that the product leaves a lot of people's hair straw like.  After all that is what protein does to hair.  Yes it might have a shine, but it will feel stiff too, especially when combined with the be curly, curl enhancer spray.

Now I have the two bottles of product that is probably not even half finished and my perm is rather flat.  I still have a bit of the curl when I get out of the shower, but the products do nothing for me.  They are absolutely no help in retaining that curl as my hair dries.  So I definitely feel some regret in buying the product.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting... stay curious.