Mar 13, 2013

March 2013 Ipsy Glam Bag

So we know last month, I was not really excited about any of the products, but at least liked some of them.  This month, however, I feel the downward trend has continued.  Though I really like the GlamRX Mini Freestyle Palette,  the worth of the bag barely feels even $10.
This month's theme was in preparation for the beach: "Great Escape".  While I really like the appearance of this bag, it arrived after I got back from Miami.  So will have to go somewhere again to find a use for it.  {Most of my previous bags have been used to sort my makeup.  A bag for each type}
Now my thoughts on the products in the bag...


yaby Eyeshadow refill: Colors are so vein and sand dune.  I am unsure if everyone has the same pallets.      I really like the so vein color, but the color is really light when applied and faded quickly.  Do not know if this is the case with all of yaby's eyeshadow products.  However, I would not recommend (or plan to) purchasing it with my own money.

Juice Beauty Hydrating Mist: Smells similar to organic/green cleaning products.  In other words, I do not like the smell.  It left my face feeling temporarily refreshed without making it oily.  That was a big plus!  However, I cannot get over the slightly weird smell.  Since it was part of ipsy, I will probably keep using it.  But over all, I think Evian spray might be better.  {I am not a die-hard organic user}

GlamRx Mini Freestyle Palette: Finally!  After all those eyeshadow refill having a palette to put it in is great.  There is a magnet in the palette for the eyeshadow (or other refill products) to stick to it.  So this worked well for the yaby eyeshadow refill and Mirabella eye colour refill (September 2012 glam bag).  However the coastal scents eyeshadow refills do not stick (cracked one refill trying it out).

LA Fresh Travel Lite Makeup Remover: 1st - there are only 8 sheets.  This is less sheets than the Yes to Cucumber (July 2012 glam bag).  I have not used so do not know how effective it is.  I do know that Yes to Cucumber was disappointing for eye makeup removal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting... stay curious.