Dec 9, 2012

Budget Cheat: Aveda Institute for personal care services

Aveda is usually the antonym of budget or cheap.  Of course they have reasons for their prices: organic for one.  So its crossed off from my list for personal care services, especially on my student budget.  That changed, however, when I discovered the Aveda Institute near campus.  These locations are cosmetology schools that teach the Aveda way.  The price is very reasonable (lower than most places I found).  These stylist & esthetician are taught in a classroom before entering the floor by certified teachers and it lasts a couple weeks.  I have been over half a dozen times and have never had bad service.

The service starts with a discussion with the instructor and service provider.  I detail my wishes and the instructor gives some insight on how to perform the service.
The service can take longer than a certified esthetician or stylist.  But this "cost" is reasonable when known going in.


The price is the crucial reason I go here.  A eyebrow wax is the standard $13.  My full leg was only $40!  Then there is the 20% for early bird (Tue-Thur any service that starts before 11:00AM).  Lastly, there is no expectation of tip.  If you do tip, the money goes to either inviting guests for the students or a local charity.  So the cause is good and I tip when I can afford it, but knowing that I do not always have to add 15-20% to every price is a relief.

Therefore, thank you Aveda Institutes for helping out a student.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting... stay curious.