Jul 28, 2012

Sport Mania - Starting with the Olympics

The Olympics, that glorious competition that only happens every four year (the summer one at least).  Personally, I like the Olympics, because it is not difficult to get into the game.  Have you ever watched a sports game where you had no loyalty or vested interest?  It is absolutely boring!  As a non-sport-fanatic, these games are very easy to have loyalty and/or vested interest; it's your country!  How hard is that?  So thank you, the USA, for being an official nation and participating in the Olympics.  It makes my watching it a lot more interesting as you all go for the gold.



Plus I love these events because I have found myself most motivated to exercise during these times.  Especially with the commercial to promote the game where the athletes supposedly have not read any recent books, watched television or done anything but train.  Though I am not planning to be any Olympic athlete (far too late for me, I believe), I do believe  focus and dedication is necessary to succeed.   Maybe just not to that degree.  After all, anyone who knows me knows, I cannot possibly not see the Dark Knight Rises.  

So now I eagerly await the Olympic results, though it would appear we have already lost the fashion competition.  Really Ralph Lauren?  One of our most iconic designers could not even design an outfit to do our American athlete proud.  What was up with those berets?  I loved those... when I was a child and felt it made me an elegant French lady.  Though I still think the French are sexy, I am most definitely not 7 anymore.

Either way I am eager to see how the medals will stack out.  Plus I'd like to make a shout out to the Louisville Cards, who were mentioned during the opening ceremony!!!


Of course we knew its greatness already, as we proudly displayed last Halloween.
2011 Halloween Cards Carving!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting... stay curious.