Jul 14, 2013

July 2013: Ipsy Bag and (vs.) Birchbox

July 13: Ipsy Bag arrived (Tracking email received July 10)
July 12: Birchbox arrived (Tracking email received July 6)

Birchbox arrived before Ipsy!  That was a surprise.  Please keep in mind that both of these services have started to tailor the products to the individuals.  So it might not match what another person receives.

For once the themes of the two are widely different.  So I got a good range of products.  I feel the ipsy bag gave me what I needed more for this season, I am not unhappy with the Birchbox.  Ipsy had the Big Sexy Hair's beach texturizing spray that I've been planning to buy something similar.  However the acne treatment and dry shampoo could be useful in the future.

So the Birchbox content (because it came first)
Birchbox bobby pin: very pretty and relatively tight for ones of this thickness.  More useful for accessorizing and function.
theBalm InStain Long-Wearing Powder Staining Blush (Swiss Dot): I just do not need more blush.  Sometimes I get the exposure is good, but there is too many blush in my drawer of cosmetics. 
DDF acne control treatment: I have outgrown my acne, so this product isn't truly useful to me.  However, it seems to promise pretty fast results.  So if I should get some before my wedding it will be useful!
Klorane Dry Shampoo with oat milk: It smells like oat milk.  That's what I noticed first is its different scent.  This product was big in 2011, but I have honestly not heard mention of it again until I saw it in my Birchbox.  
Atelier Cologne: Does Birchbox forget that we can get samples for perfume and cologne for free on our own?  Just got to ask.  I am always annoyed when I get these.  

Now the ipsy bag... 



Ipsy Bag

Pop Beauty Pouty Pop Crayon (Coral Crush): Such a soft "lipstick" but the clear cover is just going to get messy really quick.  I am going to drive me insane when that occurs.
BH Cosmetics Eyeshadow (California Collection): This three piece includes "Hollywood," "San Francisco," and "Malibu."  I have not gotten a chance to war this yet, but I am concerned about whether it will last.  However three colors (two which I do not have something really similar) is great!
Sexy Hair Soy Renewal Beach Spray: Yeah I need this and excited to use it!  I know Sexy Hair products are great!
COOLA Mineral Face SPF20 Unscented Moisturizer: Very watery and feels kind of sticky after it has spread on my skin.  And unscented does not excite me any more, but SPF is good.  SPF is always good.
Nailtini Nail Lacquer (Mai Tai): I wonder if they keep track of which nail colors that they have sent to me.  The Mai Tai will be great for the summer!  In the end, Ipsy keeps it with the current season with this bag.  Even the clear bag is really cute and probably useful.