May 11, 2013

May 2013 Ipsy Bag and (vs.) Birchbox

May 11: Got my ipsy bag in the mail (3 days after an email with the tracking number).
May 13: Got my Birchbox in the mail (no tracking number has been sent)

May 2013 Ipsy Bag
May 2013 Birchbox
As usual, the ipsy bag came before the Birchbox and the bags are starting to vary more between customers.  So no guarantee what I received will be exactly the same as your bag.  (Actually it is varying more than it shows online.  My friend got a totally different type of lipstick/lipgloss than I)

Birchbox arrived much earlier than last month, but it was much more disappointing.  Who puts toothpaste (sample size) as a beauty product?  Though I can always use small sized toothpaste for travel, this is kind of ridiculous.  The makeup remover only includes 2 wipes, while the ipsy bag a few months ago had a packet with 5 sheets (at least).  Again, I feel like Birchbox is taking my money and not delivering on products I can actually use.

Now the actual products...
Mirabella Daydream Lipstick
Mirabella lipstick (Daydream): I am starting to like this brand.  The lipstick is a very light pink color (see right).
Nume Finishing Serum: Meant for hair and supposedly needs only two drops.  For my hair it was a little more but more importantly it felt greasy.  Bottle says greaseless, we will see if it truly is.
Pacifica Perfume (Tahitian Gardenia): A very grown-up scented rollon perfume which I do not see myself using.  However I will pass it on to someone who likes gardenia.
Zoya Nail Polish (Piaf): Great color (in my opinion) but the polish is rather thick.  I only needed 1.5 coats, but it did not go on smoothly.  As you can see, near the tip the polish got chunky and I had to smooth it out.  However, I plan to keep using it because the color is just fabulous for the spring weather!
Yaby Eyeshadow (Honey): Another rather neutral color, which is good for work environments.   However the color is so light that it does not look natural for me. Plus the texture is so creamy, instead of mineral and I am uncertain how that will withstand long-term wear.


 The actual products in my Birchbox includes:
Marvis Toothpaste: I have not tried this toothpaste, but toothpaste?  I am quite happy with my Crest.
amika Hair Treatment (Oil Treatment & Nourishing Mask): Both products only show results after continuous use and obviously not enough product is given for continuous use.  I cannot even judge if I want this product or not!
LA Fresh Makeup Remover & CC Cream: Again I am disappointed in the size (especially of the CC Cream).  The makeup remover is great and I really like that it is also eco-friendly.  Sad there are only two to try.
Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle: Since I have pretty smooth hair, the detangling ability has little benefit.  However the protect is great for when I do style my hair with heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting... stay curious.