Apr 17, 2013

April 2013 Ipsy Glam Bag and (vs.) Birchbox

April 8: Ipsy.com Glam Bag arrived (same day as the email with the tracking number)
April 17: Birchbox arrived (tracking number received on 8th but took over a week)

I feel this month Birchbox (though later) has more interesting products than Ipsy.

Ipsy Glam Bag
The theme is "Pretty in Pink" and there are definitely a lot of pink!  I actually do not have a lot of pink products, so this set is actually useful.  Plus I appreciate (want) the pastel nail color.  The blush is a little too dark for me and I had just bought the Benefit Fine-One-One Blush, which is so useful.  The bag's value is over the $10, I paid, but I do feel the value of the bag overall is decreasing.

 vs.  

Birchbox Tiny Tweaks, Big Results
This month Birchbox teamed up with Women's Health to give us little things that "make all the difference."  I am very excited about the Mirenesse Glossy Kiss Starlet, which can serve a a lip gloss and a blush.  Again I think the color is too dark for cheeks, but love it on my lips.  Still unsure about the other products, but I have heard of StriVectin-SD and am excited to test it out.

This month's product...
 Sation Nail Lacquer (Love at First Byte): Can be bought at TJ Maxx style stores.  The color is very close to my skin color, so good for that nude look.  Though it does require 3 coats to get the coverage I like.

Big Sexy Hair (Powder Play): It's meant to volumize and texturize.  The product is a powder, but has a cold and almost oily texture.  I suspect after wearing it for a day, my hair will end up looking just as oily.

Be a Bombshell (Beach Please Blush): The color looks dark in the container, but actually applies as a lighter pink hue.  Still it is too much pigmentation for day-to-day wear on my cheeks.  So I will store it for periodic use.

Two Cosmetics (Heartache Duo Eyeshadow): This is great for my day-to-day wear.  The pigmentation works well for these natural-ish hue colors.  However, the product is worth only about $6.99.

 
Mighty Leaf Tea (Tea Pouches): We got Green Tea Tropical, Chamomile Citrus & Organic Earl Grey, but I have only tried the first one.  Personally it is not too bad.  Definitely a good fruity touch to it.  It has lasted me through 4 refills, but I am pretty loyal customer of Republic of Tea for my day-to-day and this didn't change my mind.
Caudalie (Divine Oil): I generally do not use oil, but lotion for moisturizing my skin.  This oil is not bad, it seem to absorb rather fast and leave my skin feeling nice.   The smell is not strong, which is good as some people in my life is rather sensitive to fragrance.  I expected a greasy feel, but the oil absorbed so quickly.  
Nexxus Youth Renewal Rejuvenating Elixir: The product smells amazing!  I love how it smells, but based on the small size of the sample, I am not sure I will see any results.  Maybe that was their plan, to get me addicted.  Well I do not feel my hair has fallen too deeply into the 8 visible signs of aging hair.

StriVectin-SD Eye Concentration for Wrinkles: I have no noticeable wrinkles.  However, it is never too early to start with the treatments for wrinkles.  So you can bet I will be using it, because the texture is not oily.

Mirenesse Glossy Kiss (2. Flirty Kiss): A full size lip gloss with moisturizing capability.  Definitely "less wax than ordinary lipstick" and glides on beautifully.  The color is a wonderfully natural colored-red that I have not gotten before.  It took probably 5 minutes for my lips to fully feel moisturized but I only applied a little to test it.  Soon, I will be going out and you can bet I will wearing this.  Plus it is cool that the product came with instructions on how to wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting... stay curious.