Mar 15, 2013

Keep it Electronic!


I just finished cleaning off my bookshelves.  It is shocking how many papers I have required to print and what a waste!  At least I am recycling it, but there is a limit to how many times paper can be recycled.

My recycling bin pictured left (more than half way filled) is filled with most of the papers professors have given me in the past two years.  Schools are still teaching students to print out their readings and presentations, but why not ask for an electronic copy?  I understand the difficulties of writing notes.  However with the tools available, it has become easier and easier.  So let's move away from printing everything.

Businesses provide workers with laptops so they can work from home.  However, it also means going to meetings with those laptops.  Maybe then you do not have to print out that presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting... stay curious.