Apr 6, 2013

Insanity Day 41: Max Interval Plyo

It is unbelievable that we are only three weeks (19 days of working out) left.  I look forward to being able to say "Insanity?  If I had been able to do that, then you definitely can!"  Though those 3 weeks are going to be very far away considering the level of intensity involved in these "Max" exercises.

The workout
Max Interval Plyo is about 55 minutes.  
The warm up is same as the Max Interval Circuit: jogging, straight-arm jacks, 1-2-3, jump rope side-to-side, high knees with arms out, switch kicks, hit the floor and side-to-side floor hops.
The workout consists of three sets.  The first two are repeated 3 times and the last one only occurs once.

Thoughts/Injury
So far "Max Interval Plyo" has resulted in a slightly tweaked shoulder every time.  The workout involve multiple variations on the pushup, including side push-up.  In addition there are workouts with planks (balance planks), which also strains my shoulder.  This is possibly due to my previous relatively lack of strength in my arm, but it does make me frustrated that it has occurred every time.

The moves that are not variations of push-up or plank are pretty reasonable.  These put a slight strain on my knee, but I can get through the workout without a knee brace.  For some of the other days, it is much more difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting... stay curious.