Aug 23, 2012

Review: Orly All-in-One Top 2 Bottom

Recently I was inquiring about good topcoat or basecoat brands and was told about 
Orly All-in-One Top 2 Bottom Basecoat & Topcoat.  The recommendation came from someone with the same nail polishing habits as me, so I was very confident about my liking of it.  However, I did not expect myself to like it as much as I did.  It is fabulous and totally worth the money I spent, which was not much!


Now my nail polishing habits, which biases my review is that I have never invested heavily in topcoat or basecoat.  Often I spoil myself with mani-pedi "professionally" (read as friend or spa).  As a result, my product starts to actually spoil before I am even done with it.  


The basecoat was smooth.  My nails are relatively strong and have little ridge issues, so I did not need anything except something that did not add ridges.  Though there is no calcium, which could have long-term implication.  As a result of my "spoilage," I have totally unsteady hands.  As can be seen in the shot.  Therefore, I have had neutral experience with the previous brand I had (Sally Hansen).  This polish was the perfect basecoat, because the polish went on smoothly.  I did not have to wait almost at all before putting on my polish (Circus by AndreasChoice - Ringmaster), which also dried very quickly.  

The topcoat was great in adding shine and protection.  I have bumped these nails into all forms of surfaces including plenty of pointy ones.  So I expect some interesting missing polishes on my nail, but nothing to worry about.  The top coat did not lead to almost any smudge despite my hurry.  Personally I like that there is a shine but it is not so extreme I think I have fake nails.  

Hope others get to enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting... stay curious.