Dec 10, 2012

Review: Naked Skin Beauty Balm (BB Cream) by URBAN DECAY

So the exclusive preview just came in my ipsy.com Glam Bag.  (By the way, if you are not a subscriber, I highly recommend it)

This month we got an exclusive preview of the Urban Decay Naked Skin Beauty Balm, which is their BB cream and is not available for purchase until January 8th.  

I have only used it once so my review is currently based upon how it feels more than any "clinical results."  But first I will say that it is SPF 20, which means it passes my minimum requirement of 18.  Since one of the reasons, I like BB creams is the SPF, I'll provide a comparison.

While Urban Decay BB Cream - SPF 20; 

  • Boscia - SPF 27
  • Bobbi Brow - SPF 35
  • Clinique - SPF 30
  • Dr. JART - SPF 25 - 45
  • Garnier - SPF 15
  • Smashbox - SPF 35
So as you can see, it is not the highest available, but it will do. After all SPF in the winter-time is a good thing, but for pictures it can leave you shiny.

The holder the preview came in, had a little marketing statement, which I have listed below.

Please let me know if the statements are difficult to read.

Essentially, the product promises all that a normal BB cream promises in addition a DNA repair function which I have not seen before.  


Now what I especially like with this information "packet" is the clinical study results.  Though I am curious how exactly the clinical study was conducted (I've learnt its not hard to manipulate experiments to get the results you want), I am impressed assuming they are true.

So it's hard to read, but the packet says that immediately after using, 59% felt their skin looks significantly lifted and 68% felt skin hydration improved significantly.

More impressive is after 8 weeks of using: 93% had "significantly firmer, more lifted skin" and 84% had "significant improvement in fine lines."  



Now how the product feels...

* feels watery which is expected as it is not oil free
* blends beautifully, I would not say matte finish but it does not feel at all caked on 
* my pores actually seem slightly smaller (though it might be hopeful wishing)
* definitely feeling the hydration and the softness
* no strong perfume or smell, which I love
* for my combination skin, I think this is good that it does not look oily but hydrates, so I can use it all over

So overall, I am excited about when the product is fully released!